A place where Battle Royale fans go to discuss the series and socialize.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Pairings Appreciation

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Madame Massacre
Wild 7
Wild 7

PostSubject: Pairings Appreciation    Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:36 pm

Are there any pairings that you ship?
Post 'em all in here!

Mine:

Canon/half canon:

Shuya/Yukie - I believe if the program never happened, these two would get together. Hell, they even gave them a ship tease in the manga.

Mitsuru/Izumi - I like the tough guy/ preppy girl combo, and if she showed him the time of day he would realise that he can be on her level.

Hiroki/Kayoko - They were so cute in the manga together.

Yuichiro/Mitsuko - The only character who can/was close to fixing her and it's been hinted in canon.

Kazuo/No one - He can't feel so he can't love and regardless of how much I love him, he would make an awful boyfriend. I'll only go as far as pairing him with Izumi for drama.

Crack:

Kazuo/Mitsuru - One of the only real BL pairings I like, if Kazuo could feel, they would have an epic bromance (Of course Mitsuru has a crush on Izumi but we can ignore this in fanon!)

Movie Kazuo/Show - The two are both known by their lust for something, both are shown to love the 'rush' and are addicted to an act (Murder/torture and sex/drug use) but one acts using logic (Show) and one acts on instinct (Kazuo). Plus the sex would be awesome!

Kazuo/Movie Kazuo - One acts on logic alone and the other acts upon emotion alone, one is well groomed and poised and the other is a delinquent and a tad lazy.

Shinji/Takako - The fanfictions on here turned me to love these two, both are the closest to Hiroki, Shinji needs someone to help him settle down and Takako needs someone to help get over Hiroki.

I'll never be able to understand Kazuo/Mitsuko. Out of all of the characters, Movie Kazuo is the worst she could be with, it would make her worse than she already is. But then again, I'm not really 'in to' the whole shipping thing and I don't exactly judge by 'hotness.'
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://battleroyale.forumotion.co.uk
Zidoof
Dreamer
Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:45 pm

I honestly ship Kazuo x Mistsuko pretty hard, cause their personalities fit.
That's usually what I judge a couple by, their personalities together.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http:// Battleroyaleconfessions.tumblr.com
Madame Massacre
Wild 7
Wild 7

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Tue Mar 13, 2012 4:49 pm

I know, a lot of people ship Mitsuko and Kazuo, but I genuinely can't see it at all. I really want to, but I can't! Argghh!
Back to top Go down
VelvetEvoker

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:22 pm

There were vague hints of Kazuo/Mitsuko in the manga, when she suggests that they team up like Mickey and Mallory Knox (a serial killer couple from the movie Natural Born Killers, with Mallory being pretty similar to Mitsuko in terms of backstory/motivation) and if it turned out like that then I can see it (and I quite like it actually), but I don't think they could be a 'normal' couple.

I love Kazuo/Mitsuru even if it's doomed to being horribly one-sided forever. Probably my favorite pairing and honestly any "Kiriyama family" pairings, I like.

Shinji/Takako I also like! I always felt really bad for Takako and wish she had ended up with someone.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zidoof
Dreamer
Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:39 pm

I really wish Noriko x Yoshitoki could have happened
Uwaa Cry
Back to top Go down
View user profile http:// Battleroyaleconfessions.tumblr.com
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Tue Mar 13, 2012 5:59 pm

I'm hardcore for Kazuo & Shogo, movie or book, I don't care. '__'
I don't even know how it would work,
but ffffffff

Although, I did once read a fanfic shipping book!Kazuo with Shinji.
I KNOW IT SOUNDS STRANGE AND RANDOM BUT
IT WORKED.
AND I LIKED IT.
KINDOFALOT.
The basis being at school, Shinji is perfect and amazing, but Kazuo is always better, always a step ahead. Shinji gets jealous. but then it turns into a love-hate thing(at least on Shinji's side, you know). But Kazuo, emotionless as he is, finds flustered!Shinji interesting~

I never liked Kazuo x Mitsuko. Maybe I just don't like seeing Kazuo with a girl. :I But I feel like, considering they're both quite emotionally detached, it just wouldn't work out. Mitsuko would need someone to fix her and support her, you know, and Kazuo would not be interested in that. Book!Kazuo would be like "whatevs" and movie!Kazuo, I imagine, in any relationship would be largely interested in secks lol.

MOVIE!KAZUO X BOOK!KAZUO?
THIS NEVER OCCURRED TO ME
MAYBE BECAUSE IT'S KIND OF WEIRD AND VAGUELY. . . IDK, INCESTUOUS. . . .?
I DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS
but it intrigues me.
deeply.
~_~
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.egyptianmyth.deviantart.com
Madame Massacre
Wild 7
Wild 7

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:03 am

VelvetEvoker wrote:
There were vague hints of Kazuo/Mitsuko in the manga, when she suggests that they team up like Mickey and Mallory Knox (a serial killer couple from the movie Natural Born Killers, with Mallory being pretty similar to Mitsuko in terms of backstory/motivation) and if it turned out like that then I can see it (and I quite like it actually), but I don't think they could be a 'normal' couple.

I love Kazuo/Mitsuru even if it's doomed to being horribly one-sided forever. Probably my favorite pairing and honestly any "Kiriyama family" pairings, I like.

Shinji/Takako I also like! I always felt really bad for Takako and wish she had ended up with someone.
There was a slight hint, but during that scene, Kazuo kept trying to kill Mitsuko and she eventually had a mental breakdown. I don't know why, but when it comes to Kazuo x Mitsuko, I just instinctively think of ways of how it cannot happen. Which is funny since I ship Kazuo with Chisato (They're like Tenma and Karasuma from School Rumble, which is also funny since I don't like those two together. Argghh! )

I never got where the whole Shinji x Takako thing came from, but it fits so well!

Zidoof wrote:
I really wish Noriko x Yoshitoki could have happened
Uwaa Cry
Me too. Cringe

Animality Opera wrote:

Although, I did once read a fanfic shipping book!Kazuo with Shinji.
I KNOW IT SOUNDS STRANGE AND RANDOM BUT
IT WORKED.
AND I LIKED IT.
KINDOFALOT.
The basis being at school, Shinji is perfect and amazing, but Kazuo is always better, always a step ahead. Shinji gets jealous. but then it turns into a love-hate thing(at least on Shinji's side, you know). But Kazuo, emotionless as he is, finds flustered!Shinji interesting~
I've read that, that's the one with the Basketball fight, right?

Animality Opera wrote:
I never liked Kazuo x Mitsuko. Maybe I just don't like seeing Kazuo with a girl. :I But I feel like, considering they're both quite emotionally detached, it just wouldn't work out. Mitsuko would need someone to fix her and support her, you know, and Kazuo would not be interested in that. Book!Kazuo would be like "whatevs" and movie!Kazuo, I imagine, in any relationship would be largely interested in secks lol.
I don't mind him with another girl, just not Mitsuko.
I adore the idea of him being with GoGo Yubari though~

Animality Opera wrote:

MOVIE!KAZUO X BOOK!KAZUO?
THIS NEVER OCCURRED TO ME
MAYBE BECAUSE IT'S KIND OF WEIRD AND VAGUELY. . . IDK, INCESTUOUS. . . .?
I DON'T KNOW HOW I FEEL ABOUT THIS
but it intrigues me.
deeply.
~_~
What can I say? I'm a fan of molestibation. How You Doin\'?
Back to top Go down
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Wed Mar 14, 2012 2:41 am

Yessss it is the basketball one. *3*

O YEZ
I approve of Kazuo x GoGo also. That's just.. adorable. And unlike Mitsuko, it works. Because Kazuo and GoGo are psychotic in the same kind of way. '__' At least with movie!Kazuo, lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://www.egyptianmyth.deviantart.com
tyob123

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Wed Mar 14, 2012 4:46 am

I really wish Yukie lived and Her, Shuya, Noriko, and Shogo escaped together (Mostly in the manga) Yukie and Shuya were way better for each other than Shuy and Noriko. I really like Shogo/Noriko for some reason idk I feel like he needed someone to take care for after Keiko died.

I ship Shinji/Takako because I feel like they would always have fun with each other and Shinji needs someone to keep him grounded, like someone already said.

I like Kazuo/Chisato for some strange reason, even though they never have any interaction.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:00 am

I CAN'T HELP BUT FEEL WE SHOULD MAYBE CLARIFY
if Novel!Kazuo x Movie!Kazuo is...
a. Masturbation
b. Incest
c. Something else entirely
d. In fact, not wrong at all.

>_>

Wild 7
Wild 7

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Tue Apr 03, 2012 11:14 am

I believe the correct term is molestibation. Moe Blob

Fear your ADMIN!
Back to top Go down
happyrose2

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Sat May 26, 2012 2:22 am

Actually, I don't find anything wrong in shipping movie!Kazuo and novel/manga!Kazuo. lol! I think Kazuocest is one of the greatest things I ever saw in Battle Royale LOL (actually this is the first time I ever see a character being shipped with himself XD)

I do ship Kazuo/Mitsuru (their bromance will be epic) and a bit of Kazuo/Chisato for some random reason. (don't know why but a fanfic made me like them)

Other than those pairings, I mainly ship Shinji/Takako (he did say Takako is his type in the novel), Hiroki/Kayoko (their lovey dovey time in the manga), Yuichiro/Mitsuko (though I can't stand what happened in the manga), Yutaka/Fumiyo (this makes me free to ship Mitsuru and Izumi), Yoshitoki/Noriko, Mitsuru/Izumi and Kazuhiko/Sakura (though in the movie, it seems like Sakura somehow dragged Kaz to jump off of the cliff.)

I can't decide between Shuya/Noriko and Shuya/Yukie. I just love both pairings. (though I do ship Noriko w/Nobu)

Sometimes I ship Shinji with either Chisato or Megumi (I don't know why I preferred Megumi having a crush on Shinji rather than Shuya). I was once rooting for Takako and Hiroki before but because of the sweet Hiroki/Kayoko moments in the manga, I changed.

My other crackships include Yoshio/Mizuho (c'mon I can imagine them playing roleplaying games and other crazy random stuff), Kyoichi/Satomi (both model students), Yuichiro/Chisato (this pairing is totally random), Shogo/Noriko (though Shogo seems to be like an older brother for Nori ._.), Yukiko/Yumiko (I'm not into yuri pairings but who cares), Haruka/Yukie Troll, Yutaka/Shinji (their bromance is so sweet in the manga, I don't understand why some people want the midget away, Yutaka completes Shinji in a way), Megumi/Hirono, and Hiroki/Shinji Very Happy

But I guess my ridiculous pairing is no other than Kazuo and his Uzi, c'mon he loves that weapon more than anything else. Maybe I ship Yutaka and his fork. OKAY THAT IS JUST WRONG.

And finally, onesided!Show w/ Kazuo, Shinji, Shogo, Ryuhei, Mitsuru and any other hot guy in Battle Royale. Bwahaha! I'm sorry but I couldn't help it.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Sat May 26, 2012 11:23 am

happyrose2 wrote:
But I guess my ridiculous pairing is no other than Kazuo and his Uzi, c'mon he loves that weapon more than anything else.

I CAN AGREE WITH THIS

I've actually fantasized for some time about drawing Kazuo x human!Uzi. *__*

happyrose2 wrote:
And finally, onesided!Show w/ Kazuo, Shinji, Shogo, Ryuhei, Mitsuru and any other hot guy in Battle Royale. Bwahaha! I'm sorry but I couldn't help it.

It's hard not to ship Show with anybody. He's very ship... -pable. |D
I enjoy Show x Movie!Kazuo in particular~ <3

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Mon May 28, 2012 3:06 pm

OMG. I wonder what a humanized Uzi looks like.

Yeah Show is so shippable XD (to boys of course but none of them want him or do they?). I have this weird idea that the boys can't change their clothes properly in the locker room while he's around (especially Shinji). Maybe Kazuo is an exception since he doesn't mind.

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Mon May 28, 2012 4:50 pm

happyrose2 wrote:
OMG. I wonder what a humanized Uzi looks like.

You'll have to wait and see whenever I get it finished. C:

happyrose2 wrote:
Yeah Show is so shippable XD (to boys of course but none of them want him or do they?). I have this weird idea that the boys can't change their clothes properly in the locker room while he's around (especially Shinji). Maybe Kazuo is an exception since he doesn't mind.

Rofl that's probably very true. xDD Except with novel/manga -!Kazuo, of course. Not a single fuck was given that day by novel/manga -!Kazuo. '__' Or... pretty much any other day, for that matter.

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Mon May 28, 2012 7:46 pm

I'll wait for that XD

Yes, Kazuo would be like 'not a single f*ck was given on that day (actually it's everyday'). Even if the Program was taken some place else, let's say for example ; a desert, an ancient temple or a steep mountain or anything. He'll still kill everyone along his way. I bet he'll still kill even if he's wearing some sort of weird fluffy outfit. That will be creepy.

(Actually, I might want to see a Battle Royale in some old ancient temple XD It'll be like an 'Indiana Jones' themed Battle Royale style with students killing students and some of the students falling into traps. I can totally see Mizuho running around the temple and insanely kill her classmates because her goddesses told her to.) --Okay that is so out of topic. Maybe we should have a 'fights you want to see' topic or something.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Zangetsu2014
Dreamer
Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:40 pm

Favorite to Least Favorite:

Shogo/Shuya
Shinji/Yutaka
Kazuo Family member/Kazuo Family member (I ship them all with each other)
Hiroki/Kayoko
Hiroki/Takako
Yumiko/Yukiko
Shogo/Keiko

I think that is about it... I don't like how all the girls crushed on Shuya... But it was to be expected but I don't hate any pairing... I think! These are just the ones that I prefer and if I post anything relationship wise it will probably not go outside these pairings. [But really just Shogo/Shuya]

I Came
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:04 am

... Shogo x Shuya is intriguing. o: Strange I haven't heard/thought of it before.
... I am not opposed to this. om nom nom nom.

I feel I should make a more comprehensive list of my BR ships. '__'

Also in order~!

Novel!Kazuo x Movie!Kazuo ( OTP~!! )
Kazuo x Shogo
Movie!Kazuo x Novel!Show
Movie!Kazuo x GoGo Yubari ( Not fully BR, but, lol )
Novel!Kazuo x Mitsuru
Shuya x Yukie
Shinji x Takako
Shinji x Hiroki ( Hit me like a brick in the face one day )
Movie!Kazuo x Shinji ( I forgot about this one for awhile, derp )
Mitsuru x Izumi

Dreamer
Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Wed Jul 11, 2012 2:17 am

I feel like a lot of people don't think about Shogo/Shuya and that really shocked me because literally the first time I saw him I said, "I don't care if he is a main character or not, I still ship him with the main character." And left it as one of my weird ships! But THEN he was actually important!! Like so important and he helped them survive~! And once Shogo teamed up with Noriko and Shuya my OTP was locked in forever!

I read a Hiroki/Shinji fanfiction once.... I liked it, I just had never thought of the pairing... It was a weird feeling.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Izumi Kanai
Neutral
Neutral

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:55 am

Is there anything I don't ship?

Kayoko/Sugimura was my main one, always. His dedication to her and their tragic end was heartbreaking. Their deaths is one of the saddest scenes in all versions of BR.

Izumi/Numai - I just love the typical bad boy likes a good girl thing. Her being rich and from a good family, making him think he wasn't good enough for her and therefore never acting on whatever it was he was feeling... That has lots of potential. (Speaking purely from a fandom point of view, I also have a thing for Ryuhei/Izumi.)

Numai/Sasagawa - I don't even know.

Shinji/Yutaka - What. They were adorable in the novel and manga. Thats all the reason I need.

Mitsuko/Takaguchi - Her scene with him was another one I found really touching. We got to see a side of her we never did any other time. He was such a sweet guy, who I think could geniunely have cared for her. And it seemed like she actually cared, even just a little bit, about him too.

Show/Everyone. - Well, Numai, Sasagawa, Kiriyama and Mimura, at least. There's something about Show, I just want him to get what he wants, darn it! king

I'm sure I've forgotten some, I'm an obsessive shipper, and it's sometimes too much to keep track off!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Takako Chigusa
Dreamer
Dreamer

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Wed Aug 08, 2012 2:28 pm

Okay, I'm going to attempt a ship list. I hope I don't miss any Cringe

Mitsuko/Takako (I've passed the point of being ashamed of this. Am I kicked out of the fandom yet?)

These start more canon and slowly devolve into fanciful crack:
> the obligatory Shuuya/Noriko
> Shuuya/Yukie
> Nobu/Noriko
> Shogo/Noriko
> Shogo/Keiko
> Hiroki/Kayoko
> Hiroki/Takako (let's be honest, I sob every time Takako dies because of this ship)
> Shinji/Yutaka
> Mitsuko/Yuichiro
> Show/Kiriyama (one-sided, but still)
> Kazuhiko/Sakura
> Haruka/Yukie (going by the ever elusive Angels' Border canon)
> Yumiko/Yukiko
> Mizuho/Megumi/Kaori (in any combination)
> Noriko/Megumi
> Yukie/Yuko (I was stricken by insomnia one night and just thought, shit, let's write a fic for a couple I didn't even know I liked until three seconds ago)
> Haruka/Chisato (based off of literally one line in the novel where Takami describes them as looking like they could be a couple because of the difference in the length of their hair)
> Shogo/Izumi (because roleplay)
> Ryuuhei/Izumi (also because roleplay)

And then a whole mess of OT3s that happen basically anywhere and everywhere my ships overlap.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ask-takako-chigusa.tumblr.com
Motobuchi

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:22 am

Eh . . . My ship list gets everything all gay. But, that's okay, right?

Shinji/Yutaka
Shogo/Shuya
Shuya/Shinji
Shinji/Hiroki
Mitsuko/Takako ( Lez be honest here, after that dyke comment, how can you NOT? )
Yuchiro/Mitsuko
Show/Kiriyama
Yumiko/Yukiko ( I just. . . Really got a lesbian vibe from them in the novel. )

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pairings Appreciation    

Back to top Go down

Pairings Appreciation
Page 1 of 1