A place where Battle Royale fans go to discuss the series and socialize.

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Most memorable death?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Izumi Kanai
Neutral
Neutral

PostSubject: Most memorable death?   Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:20 pm

What death in either version of Battle Royale stuck with you the most?

For me Show's death in the novel was always something special. He was after all the only one caught in a danger zone. That and how Kiriyama fooled him was just amazing to read. I didn't see it coming at all, to be honest. I wish they would have kept a danger zone death in the movie.

Hiroki's death in all versions break my heart, so in that way, that is also memorable.

In the movie I'd say Yumiko and Yukiko got quite the death scene, with the megaphone and all. Oda's head with the grenade is another good alternative.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable death?   Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:27 pm

In the novel.... Hmmmmm... Kawada, I think, maybe, actually. o_o
Or maybe Yutaka and Shinji. ;3; fffff.
I'm a bit rusty on the novel, honestly. x_x I should probably read it again~

In the manga, SHINJI
OH GOD
FEELS OUT OF EVERY ORIFICE
but I haven't finished the manga yet, either. .__.;;

In the film, oh lawd. A lot of them.
There's Kazuo of course~ ;3; Because who could have a more epic death scene than the being blind and the trails of blood and the tottering around and the explosion and shit, son. '__'
But Kazuo's most infamous kills, Yumiko & Yukiko and Oda, are of course quite memorable as well. C:
AND HIROKI'S JFAOIWHGAOIJ8IA FEELS. That was probably one of the most genuinely saddest parts of the movie for me. ;3;
Mitsuko's death was really memorable because of her last words. That just... sticks, man.
Kawada's death always hits me really hard. It seriously gets me every time. Because of his last words, too; I mean, when you stop and think about all that he went through, and the entire theme underlying Battle Royale about trust and friendship, his last words just... Woah. ;3; Gets me every damn time.

Wild 7
Wild 7

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable death?   Sun Jul 15, 2012 1:31 pm

Umm.... Does ball stabbing ring a bell? Niida's death in all version was pretty memorable. But his book death was the best. He had Takako gouge his eyes out, stomp on his crotch, and then stab him in the throat.

My friend wanted to see what I was reading, she instantly put the book back on my desk and walked away without saying a word, I'm pretty sure she was freaked out... Bwahaha!

In the movie, I must say I liked Megumi's death the most. It really shows how this game is not one for friends.

Manga, Mitsuko's death. She became really unhinged and we got to really see how unstable she truly was. Plus it was pretty fucking awesome! Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Most memorable death?   

Back to top Go down

Most memorable death?
Page 1 of 1