Battle Royale
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place where Battle Royale fans go to discuss the series and socialize.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer
Animality Opera

Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] Empty
PostSubject: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 8:47 pm

(( third-man & chisato-matsui ))

[Only admins are allowed to see this image]

The afternoon sun was steadily dropping, casting long shadows across Shiroiwa. Chisato had seated herself on a bench on the sidewalk; her and Shinji had stopped just outside of a neighborhood, a bit further into town where there were small shops and businesses. Shinji Mimura. The boy of her dreams. The boy she could barely imagine mustering the bravery to talk to, let alone spend a day with. It continued to amaze her she had survived this much direct exposure to him; his chiseled face, smiling eyes, athletic frame, cool smile-- oh, that smile. Girl #19 could hardly stand that smile. She found herself sighing softly every time it flickered through Shinji's face - which had been very often today.

Their hunt through the suburbs of Shiroiwa to confirm their classmates' presence in this strange afterlife limbo town proved successful. Of the addresses they knew of between the two of them, everyone was present and accounted for. Shinji's growing anxiety about classmates' absences from the chat room was soothed, and Chisato was happy to see him relaxing.

"... Y-You look like you're f-feeling better, Mimura-san," she voiced softly, offering a timid smile. Predictably, Chisato had been quiet all day. She felt bad about making for rather poor conversation, but Shinji didn't seem to mind; he filled the silence just fine on his own most of the time. Shinji was talkative. Confident. Everything Chisato wasn't, really; and she loved that about him. Her eyes ate him up when he spoke - the subtle changes in his face as emotions crossed it, the shift of expressions in his eyes, every turn of his lips with his words- but she could never look at him too long before she would start to feel creepy and a blush would pour into her cheeks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.egyptianmyth.deviantart.com
third-man

third-man

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:01 pm

Shinji was definitely glad they were able to complete even half of what they intended to do today. There were a few names that had to be skipped since they either were not at home or living somewhere else. Regardless, they had all the time to continue their expedition some other day. If she was willing.

Hopefully he hadn't kept her bored this whole time. She had to put up with him, after all. The sole classmate who was willing to help him. He felt pretty lucky. He knew Chisato was a kind girl. Maybe to a fault considering she kind of knew what she was going up against. Him. Shinji Mimura. She knew of the rumors about him and yet she decided to take up his offer of searching for his classmates. That must have taken a lot of guts.

Maybe that's what probably made her stand out to him. For once, he had no ulterior motive when it comes to making friends with a girl. Is this what 'Shiroiwa' is changing him to be? For the second he had to entertain that thought, he shrugged it off. It didn't matter now. So long as they can both get things done today, he was fine.

"I am feeling better, thanks," he returned her his usual grin, leaning back on the bench. He wasn't tired but he can safely assume she was. He should make it up to her somehow. "C'mon, I'll take you out somewhere. My treat," he stood up and stretched his arms in the air, closing his eyes tight. It was the usual way he talked with Shuuya and his friends. "You have any favorites?" he looked at her, more relaxed than ever. They should take a break once in a while.

She was safe. He was safe. No else they knew was hurt. He calmed down a little. Maybe he was over-thinking it too much.

Last edited by third-man on Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://third-man.tumblr.com
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer
Animality Opera

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 4:53 pm

Her heart felt like it melted into a puddle at his grin, and Chisato was forced to quickly avert her gaze again as color rose into her cheeks. She nearly jumped somewhat when Shinji perked up and suddenly - with excruciating nonchalance - offered to take her out, for dinner it sounded like. "H-Huh...?" She murmured, eyes going wide as utter bewilderment coated her features. The girl was so dumbfounded, for a moment that was the only response she seemed able to muster... before gathering herself at least a little. "Oh... Uhh.... F-Favorites...? Uhhh- No- no, I'm not p-picky," she replied hastily. "Wh-Whatever you want, Mimura-san!" Finally, Chisato managed to haphazardly throw some enthusiasm into her tone, so that she sounded something besides panicked.
Back to top Go down
third-man

third-man

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptyMon Nov 05, 2012 8:31 pm

Shinji threw a glance at her, slightly confused at her sudden change of behavior. She wasn't stuttering a few seconds ago. Now, what was that all about? "Ah--!" His eyes widened as he mentally slapped himself. He almost forgot.

He was speaking to Chisato.

Not Shuuya or Yutaka, or any of the others.

Of course she deserved a little more respect than that.

He grinned at the thought that this could be his chance to play gentleman again. Most girls never deserved it but Chisato wasn't like most girls. He admired the courage it must have taken her to accompany him today. Shinji constantly told himself this is just a way he can show his appreciation to her. Hopefully she'll also assume just as much.

"Heh. You can do better than that, Chisato-san," he teased playfully, offering his arm to her. The sun was just about to set. There were many places Shinji could think of to take her. From takoyaki stands to sushi restaurants.

What type was she into anyway? Chisato was the first of her type for Shinji and he couldn't predict her preferences. Whatever it was, he was going to find out. There was absolutely no room for screwing up.

"Well, it is getting dark..." he murmurs, signaling her to take his arm. "Also, you don't need to worry about me!" he grins once more, trying to give her all the reassurance he can. "It's a 'thank you' for your hard work today, so don't hold back, 'kay?" This was something he'd use to say to his teammates after a game. Whether they won or not. He sighed, brushing those thoughts away. It'd be nice to see them again...
Back to top Go down
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer
Animality Opera

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 2:39 pm

"H-Hm...?" Her lips creased firmly together into a straight line. She felt another blush crawling into her cheeks at his teasing tone - even more so when her eyes drifted to the arm he offered. "... Uhhh...." She stammered for almost a whole minute, mouth opening and closing uselessly like a fish gasping for air. Still, when he gestured for her, she managed to slowly extend a hand, which snaked quietly, tentatively under Shinji's arm until they were linked - at rather an awkward distance. Chisato took a belated step closer.

Her free hand took hold of the bottom of her skirt to toy with nervously. Her other hand barely dared to grasp Shinji's arm, which even still she could feel was muscled, lean and athletic like the rest of him. "Erm..." It was warm, too. ".... Uh...." There was no way she could even remember what her favorite food was at this moment, let alone name a single restaurant in Shiroiwa or decide on what she wanted to eat. "... I-I'm really not p-picky. W-We can go anywhere, really!" She emphasized. "I.. uh... I like seafood... and vegetables.. and... uh... l-like, almost everything!" God, I sound stupid. She had to consciously remember to smile, her heart was fluttering so hard. Her fingers were wearing split ends into the strand of hair they grasped.
Back to top Go down
third-man

third-man

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptyTue Nov 06, 2012 11:49 pm

"Oi, is something wrong?" Shinji peered closer to her, resting his free palm over her forehead. Was she ill? She didn't catch a cold and refused to let him know, did she? "We can do this another time if you want," he pulled his hand away and began the stroll with her the moment she held onto his arm. It didn't feel any different to Shinji. He did this all the time; however, most girls held on tighter. When it came to Chisato, he could hardly feel her fingers. Was she forcing herself to tag along with him this whole time?

He frowned at the thought. "Well, shit." he didn't even consider her feelings. It was always a rare occasion whenever he did---or whenever he needed to. "Er. I'm not trying to scare you off or anything like that," he casually mentioned, his eyes glued straight ahead.

"Don't get the wrong idea, alright?" This part happened very often. "I don't bite~" he teased out of jest, trying to lighten up the atmosphere. Girls liked assuming things with him. Almost always the wrong things. He sighed softly. He stopped on his feet and looked at her. He was a pretty humble guy when it came to these things. Maybe she wanted to be properly asked on a date?

Shinji smirked and raised a brow at her. "You can be honest with me, y'know." he leveled his height with her, shoving his hands to his pockets. "So...? What'll it be?"
Back to top Go down
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer
Animality Opera

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptyWed Nov 07, 2012 1:29 pm

She jumped, tensing reflexively at the hand on her forehead. More blushing. "H-Hm-- No...! N-No, I'm okay," she answered hastily. I feel like I'm going to faint or have a heart attack, but I'm technically okay. She started walking when he did, praying she wouldn't trip and embarrass herself even more.

She gazed up at Shinji when he spoke again, although he wasn't looking at her. "Huh...?" She questioned softly. "O-Oh, y-you're not scaring me, M-Mimura-san! I promise! I'm just- I..." Color flooded her cheeks at his teasing. "Uhh...." She wound a strand of hair tight around her finger. "I... Uh... I don't think I have the wrong idea, haha! I mean-" That sounds terrible. "I-I don't have any ideas!" I bet he bites in bed. Chisato's small frame visibly bristled, the blush in her cheeks quickly sweeping her whole face. WHY WOULD YOU THINK THAT- She shut her eyes as if to flush the thoughts from her mind. Now is not the time for ideas! She inwardly hissed at herself.

"Hm...?" When she opened her eyes, Shinji was leaning closer. Chisato's persistent blush was not going anywhere at this rate. "Uhh- Uhhh-" She had to say something to get him out of her face before she fainted. "Th-The- uhm--" She raised her free hand to point vaguely down the street. "s-seafood place. Y-Yeah. L-Let's do that!" I mean-- Is that expensive? Oh God, what if he tries to pay for me and I picked somewhere expensive I'll feel so bad he'll think I'm a rich snob who expects him to pay for expensive dinners- A worried expression crossed her features, and she unconsciously clung to his arm a little tighter, gluing her gaze forward.
Back to top Go down
third-man

third-man

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptyThu Nov 08, 2012 11:21 pm

"Hm?" he turned to the direction of where her finger was pointing at. Seafood, huh? He blinked slowly and turned back to her. "Y'sure 'bout that?" he asked, returning back to his usual composure. Seafood was alright with him. He was glad she had finally given him a straight answer. "Alright, let's head there before they decide on close on us," he remarked jokingly, gently tugging her arm.

He had been here before. Several times on account. He usually came here to ask questions about the Shiroiwa he was in and drink out his problems once in a while. In turn, he grew well-acquainted with the store-owner so it didn't feel any different to him. "倱瀼します!" Shinji casually called out, making his way in with Chisato.

"Ah, Mimura! Didn't think I'd see you here today," a middle-aged man returned his greeting from behind the counter. "I see you've brought a lady friend, too," he teased lightly as Shinji sat down on the stool across the man, furrowing his brows a little.

"She isn't my girlfriend, old man." he murmurs quietly. "Also, her name is Chisato. Chisato Matsui. She's a classmate of mine," he finally clarified with him, stretching his arms in the air. "...and I'm just treating her out to dinner, is all." he continued, suddenly grinning at her the moment he handed her the usual menu. "Here---don't hold back now, 'kay?" he teased back at her, wanting her to know that she wasn't being a bother to him at all.
Back to top Go down
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer
Animality Opera

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptyFri Nov 09, 2012 1:58 pm

"H-Huh...?" She looked up at him, frowning as concern seeped into her features. Was that place expensive? He sounded hesitant. What if he doesn't like seafood, Chisato thought worriedly. "I-I'm... sure.... I think." Her gaze fell, still looking thoughtful as she began to second-guess her decision.

Regardless, they made it to the seafood restaurant without her changing her mind - largely because she spent the whole walk in silence debating over the choice in her mind.

She was surprised to hear someone behind the counter return Shinji's greeting by name. He's been here before? That must mean he likes seafood then, right...? She tried to reassure herself. Color flooded her face again not only at the man's comment, but then at Shinji's murmured response. He doesn't even keep girlfriends, does he...? If anything, he just- But she stopped herself, shaking her head to clear the train of thought. Benefit of the doubt. Chisato didn't care about Shinji's reputation. He had been kind so far - more than kind. Perfect. He was always so perfect. And that was all she had seen of him firsthand so far, so that was all that mattered.

Rather belatedly, she raised her free hand to offer the man behind a counter a little wave, and then a small bow in greeting. "Hello," she said timidly. Her gaze flickered to the grin Shinji cast her, and she smiled reflexively, another blush creeping into her cheeks. She took the menu he offered, giving a small nod. But she would hold back anyways - she always did. Chisato didn't like to spend lots of money. Just a couple of minutes of looking over the menu, and she seemed to decide. "Uhm.... Karei no nitsuke sounds good I think." A kind of simmered flatfish that was good with rice, and sweetly fused with soy sauce and sugar. Far from expensive, too.
Back to top Go down
third-man

third-man

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 11:48 am

Shinji gave out his typical order and paused the moment she gave out hers. "What? That's all you're having?" he raised a brow, looking at her with knowing eyes. "Seriously, I'm pretty sure there's something you really want in there." he leaned closely to her side to get a better look at the menu she was holding. His eyes scanned over as his slender finger slid down with it. "How about some sashimi...or--wait, you're not on a diet, are you?" he teased, raising his head to look at her.

"Just so you know---you don't need one." he handed the menu back, and rested his chin on his palm. This time he ordered for her. "Forget that one! Fugu Tetchiri please!" he grinned at the old man before giving Chisato a playful pat on the head. "This is only seafood after all." he nodded. "Also--I'm treating you tonight, right?" he gave her a boyish smile. "Don't worry about it."

Now their dishes were being made, they had all the time to spend til then. "So--what did you think about today?" he asked, holding the front curve of his stool with both his hands, gently turning it back and forth. "We found a few guys today--but none of them were your friends, huh?" he didn't know who she hung out with but he could safely assume as much. "You miss them?"
Back to top Go down
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer
Animality Opera

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptyTue Nov 13, 2012 8:55 pm

Chisato blinked. "Huh...? Yeah- No, I-" Her lips sealed shut suddenly when he leaned closer to peer at her menu. He had his own menu to look at. Color seeped into her cheeks; in fact, she wasn't sure there had been even a moment she wasn't blushing since they had met up for the search. "H-Huh-- N-No, I'm not on a di-" Her lips froze up again, and she blushed harder.

So overwhelmed by his indirect compliment, she must have zoned out for at least a minute before realizing he had gone ahead and changed her order. Without consulting her. A small pat on the head snapped her out of it; her face fell somewhat. "O-Oh...." But his smile is so sweet- And he did compliment me.... It doesn't really matter, She assured herself. She couldn't help a bit of disappointment crossing her features. I really had felt like karei no nitsuke though...

She looked up when Shinji resumed conversation, and was quick to dismiss the disappointment in her face. He was just trying to treat her well, she didn't want him to feel bad for it. "Oh- Uhh... Actually, w-we stopped by a f-few of my friend's houses... But they weren't home. Yuka's mom said she was out with friends, so I guess she and the group must've... went out to do something without me... I guess..." She took to toying with a strand of hair again, trying to keep the worry from her expression. Her friends were around. They just weren't making much effort to talk or hang out with her; she didn't know why, but she assumed they were just busy with other things. Chisato didn't want to pester them about it. "... Yeah, of course I miss them..." She answered quietly. "... You must feel better about finding your friends, though, huh?" She smiled. Yutaka and Hiroki had been home, and Shuya had been out doing something or other, but was present in Shiroiwa at least... Chisato knew those were some of Shinji's closest friends.

She laughed softly. "I-I wasn't too worried they had disappeared or anything... But I'm glad that doing this has made y-you feel better." She smiled with the kind of happiness that only came out of someone else's happiness, and her eyes shone with it, too. She was genuinely happy for him - happy that he didn't have to feel as anxious or lonely anymore.
Back to top Go down
third-man

third-man

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptyThu Nov 15, 2012 9:07 pm

Shinji blinked once. Twice. They had stopped by her friends' houses? Maybe he didn't know who her friends were. That was a huge blow on his part. He should have known that. Where did he go wrong?

"We did...?" he looked shocked at her response. Why didn't she tell him? He sighed. Maybe it wasn't her fault. All the while, it was only now that she had opened up to him this much. Otherwise, she kept quiet. Did he monopolize the conversation with her this whole time? "Ah--sorry, sorry. I wish you could have told me sooner." he forced a laugh, rubbing his neck. "I'm sure they'd be happy to see you,"

The only reason she probably knew Shuuya, Hiroki and Yutaka were his friends was because he kept going on and on about them the whole time. He mentally slapped himself again. He should have paid more attention to her.

Although she was quiet, Shinji was glad she was opening herself up to him now. "...but yeah, I am glad they're alright," he smiles--more natural than usual. "Talking to that Kiriyama the past few days just made me all the more anxious of their safety, I guess." he added, turning his attention straight to their supposed meals. "And hey! Maybe we can all hang out together sometime," he continued, feeling all the more confident about it. "It's always nice to keep in touch with friends. Especially at a time like this,"

That was true in every sense of the word. They were all they had left now. Who else could they depend on? "We need to keep on watching each other's back--" he paused, gently patting her own back in a teasing manner. "...just like now!" he grinned his usual grin. The type he knew would reassure anyone. "I'll watch your back and you watch mine, 'kay?"

He was probably too full of himself to wait for a reply, having more of an appetite for seafood now. "Heh. I'll be counting on you, Chisato-san."
Back to top Go down
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer
Animality Opera

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptySat Nov 17, 2012 3:01 pm

She smiled reflexively in answer to his - though at the mention of Kiriyama, anxiety ghosted through her features, and she fidgeted nervously. Her gaze dropped. She didn't understand how Shinji could talk to Kiriyama so much. He made it sound easy. From the few times Chisato had been in the chat room, boy number six always managed to unnerve her no matter how little he actually said anything. She felt uncomfortable just having him there. She felt uncomfortable just having him in the same town. And especially when he had so ruined all chances of Shinji's plan or survival in the Program, not to mention killed so many friends and classmates... How could Shinji stand to talk to him?

But she wasn't going to pry. She didn't want to think about it.

Her eyes lifted as he continued, and she smiled again. "Y-Yeah. That sounds like f-fun." She blushed somewhat at the pat on the back. Why do you have to be so touchy? You want me to melt into a puddle, don't you? She bit her lip in an attempt to stop from blushing too hard. "... Mm. Y-Yeah," she answered with an affirmative nod. She grew slightly worried again at the idea he was counting on her. She wanted to protect him and have his back, sure - but she wasn't so certain she was very capable of doing so. Chisato didn't feel good for much of anything. But she would do her absolute best for Shinji Mimura, nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
third-man

third-man

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 6:05 pm

Shinji noticed the sudden fear in her eyes and wanted to do all he can to calm her down. "Hey--he's not going to hurt you, alright?" he smiled faintly, giving her head a gentle pat. "The Program's over, Chisato-san," he turns away, knowing fully well that that doesn't change anything. "We'll gather everyone together soon enough and..." he paused, pulling his arm away, distractedly eyeing at their table. "...and we'll think of something. How to...get out of here, I mean."

It made perfect sense in his head, but why did he feel so hesitant when it came to actually saying it someone? "Hey, Chisato-san...what do you think about...living here?" he asked, trying to not sound too strange. "I mean, waking up and being able to...'live' again like this," he continued. "Doesn't it...feel weird or anything like that?"

He's asked this before--but only once, and that was to Kiriyama. Of course his answers didn't count. Kiriyama himself didn't care of what Shinji had thought of. He needed to know. He didn't want to be the only one thinking about this. He feared of going mad. It was only when he spent time with Chisato that he actually felt alive. "Sorry if it bothers you--I mean, you don't have to answer if you don't want to."

And he meant it. The last thing he'd want to was to scare her off.
Back to top Go down
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer
Animality Opera

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 9:57 pm

She glanced at him nervously when it was obvious he caught the concern in her face. "Oh-- I-I..." But she had to pause. She knew movie-verse Kiriyama enough to know he would hurt her if given the chance. But it was unlikely; at least, she thought so until considering that the closer she was to Shinji, the greater the risk Kiriyama might take advantage of that. Chisato was naive sometimes, but not stupid. She knew a good way to hurt someone was to get to the people they cared about... and she knew Kiriyama wasn't above that.

"... It's not over for him...." She murmured under her breath, gaze dropping again. It was no secret Kiriyama had it out for Shinji. And as he had made obvious at the dance, he wasn't keen on snapping out of Program mode anytime soon.

Chisato blinked, looking at Shinji again as he went on. It had never occurred to her to 'get out of here'. She had assumed 'here' was death, and maybe that was all there was... or at least that getting out of 'here' wasn't going to be easy, or even feasible. "Uhm...." She looked thoughtful for a moment. "... I like it... It's nice. It's not... like... Heaven or something, but it c-could certainly be worse. Sometimes I can even... forget." Sorrow hovered through her features. She left the word hanging, up for interpretation; forget she was dead. Forget the Program. Forget how easily friends could turn on each other. Even her friends; especially her friends. Maybe they weren't hanging out with her as much anymore because they blamed her for what happened...
Back to top Go down
third-man

third-man

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 1:33 am

Forget... So that's what it was. Shinji sat there, only now did he fully realize what she had been going on about. "I heard about that..." he paused, suddenly unable to look at her in the eye. "...the lighthouse," he sighed, closing his eyes. What a painful topic to bring up. "You're losing your touch now, aren't you, Mimura." He didn't mean to make her feel uncomfortable about it. "Hey--listen. You didn't do anything wrong, 'kay?" he softened his tone, finally able to look up at her.

"We'll see them again--your friends, I mean." he smiles once more, trying to cheer her up. "They won't be going anywhere, so we have all the time to spare." he looks up, his own smile growing. Now wasn't the time to mope around with her about the unclear facts. That would just do more harm than good. Shinji believed that there was always that hope that maybe they were all thinking the same way Chisato was right now.

"It's too early to start forgetting," he continued as the aged owner emerged from the kitchen, ready to serve their orders. "...don't give up on me, alright?" he teased playfully, handing her a set of wooden chopsticks. "Ah, dinner's here!" Shinji was relieved their food has arrived. He was afraid they'd never come at all. From all the talking they had done, he didn't mind continuing their conversation if it meant Chisato would be soothed by it.

"頂きます!" he said his normal greeting in a more cheerful manner and proceeded on with his meal.
Back to top Go down
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer
Animality Opera

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 7:22 am

Chisato shifted in her seat uncomfortably, posture becoming just a little more withdrawn and a more distinct layer of sorrow coating her face. She looked a blend of miserable and embarrassed. But her eyes flitted up to Shinji when he tried to soothe her.

She would have thought that if anybody, Shinji Mimura could make her feel better, especially once he actually put his mind to it. But somehow his words weren't so reassuring right now - no matter how gentle his tone, soft his eyes, or genuine his smile. His efforts didn't make her feel much better about the Program.

But she did flash a fleeting smile, and offer a short nod. They did have time. Whatever hard feelings remained between her and her friends, Chisato hoped that in the infinite amount of time they had, things could work out someday. Her smile grew a little sweeter then. "... I won't," she answered softly.

She blinked and eyed her food when it was set down for her. She was still in the mood for what she had originally ordered - but she certainly wasn't going to let this go to waste, either, and started in on the food. She ate quietly and politely, but her gaze flickered to Shinji once in a while to watch how he ate. She couldn't remember ever seeing him eat, so she was curious. He's so beautiful it's not like I need an excuse to look anyways, right? She blushed a little and dropped her gaze back down to her food.
Back to top Go down
third-man

third-man

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:17 pm

He didn't know what to do then. The waterworks were the worst when it came to girls. He only hated it when they were pretending. It was always in a pathetic attempt to earn his sympathy. It disgusted him. He disliked weak girls. Ones who couldn't fend off for themselves. Those who were made to forever depend on others. He believed life couldn't take them very far.

Chisato was different but not the same as those other girls he's had his eyes on before. She was trying to be strong and she wasn't asking for his help. Shinji didn't know how she did it, but it made him want to protect her. Or to keep her safe at the very least. He then stole a glace at her every once in a while, making sure she didn't notice. His mind was occupied over a lot of things. As how it always has been. He could try cheering her up next time if she needed it.

It bothered him seeing her like this. He didn't want to end the day having her sad over something that he believed was highly unlikely to happen. After all that thinking, he almost forgot to swallow and he ate his food too quickly. He made a small noise and hit his chest to save himself from choking. He coughed repeatedly and turned his seat from her, trying to clear his throat. Damn, he needed to be more careful.
Back to top Go down
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer
Animality Opera

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 10:25 pm

More than occasionally when her eyes flickered up to catch a glance of him, he was gazing back at her, so she would quickly stare back down at her food. Her blushing seemed to be recovering though, at least for now, as she had her meal to pay attention to, and her mind was wandering after their conversation. It wasn't a pleasant wandering. She found that her train of thought often got stuck on the Program once it would cross her mind...

Sudden coughing roused Chisato from her thoughts, however. She looked up, alarm and concern lighting up her face. "M-Mimura-san...! A-Are you okay?" Reflexively, her hand reached across the table toward him -- but she stopped it before it quite reached his arm, not wanting to startle him and make him choke any more.
Back to top Go down
third-man

third-man

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptyFri Nov 23, 2012 8:57 am

It wasn't as serious. Or as bad. Shinji covered his mouth and cleared his throat before taking deep breaths, regaining his composure. "S-sorry, sorry..." he murmured quietly, looking away. That was embarrassing. His eyes turned to her, noticing the small hand on his arm. Was she worried? That brought confidence back to his character. "...you didn't have to see that," he chuckled, giving her hand a small squeeze before she could pull away.

He put down his chopsticks for a while. Eating while thinking too much didn't do well for him. "You okay there?" he asked, now back to his usual composure. "It's fine---this happens to me...often," he continued, feeling embarrassed. It happened often---but not in front of girls. He looked at his watch. It was getting late. It saddened him a bit. Just when he was having fun. He was fine but he needed to take Chisato home. As soon as they finish, he can pay for their meal and be on their way.
Back to top Go down
Animality Opera
Transfer
Transfer
Animality Opera

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] EmptySun Dec 02, 2012 9:48 am

Chisato blinked, a bewildered look crossing her face. He had stuttered. The Third Man, Shinji Mimura, had stuttered. He even looked a bit embarrassed. She had never seen Shinji embarrassed before - she wasn't sure anybody had. It was strange.... but certainly no less endearing. It showed he wasn't some perfect deity or angel gracing the earth with his company after all, but a human boy; just a very unusually confident, talented, and attractive boy.

She blushed, flinching somewhat when he squeezed her hand by surprise. She tried not to pull her hand back too hastily, not wanting him to think she hated being touched or something. A smile flitted over her lips and she laughed lightly. "I'm okay. I was just w-worried about you..." She assured him quietly. She returned to her meal, but her smile lingered.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]   Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato] Empty

Back to top Go down

Reassurance [Shinji & Chisato]
Page 1 of 1